All residents and property owners of the City of Hurley, and of adjacent communities who are part of the Northern Waters Library System, are eligible for service at no charge. Visitors of Hurley and adjacent communities are also eligible for service upon completion of the necessary registration forms. Children under 16 will be required to have a parent’s signature.
Can't find what you want?
You have several options when requesting an item not available in the Hurley library. If we or another library within the system already owns the item, you can put a hold on it. A library staff member can place the hold for you or you can go online to the Merlin Catalog system and place your own hold. You will be notified by phone or email when the item comes in.
You can also make a request for purchase. You provide the title and/or author of the item to the librarian. If the librarian feels the item will be popular to others in the area, the item will be purchased. If you made the purchase request, you will be the first to use the item.
If nobody within our library system owns the item and we do not purchase it, we can do a search nationwide using WISCAT and request it for you through inter-library loan. This may take a couple of weeks or more since the item is being sent from outside our system. Talk to your librarian for further information
Interlibrary loan is available free of charge to any library patron. This service allows patrons to get materials not available in the Merlin system. Please ask your librarian for more information.
We have a color printer for .20 cents per page. We have a black and white copier for .20 cents per page.
We offer WiFi 24/7. Feel free to bring your devices.
Make yourself comfortable.
When the library is closed, feel free to park in our parking lot to use this service.
High-Speed Internet Access
The library has high-speed internet computers available to the public. This service is available at no charge, and is available first-come, first-serve to all library visitors. We also offer free wireless access to the public.
A black and white printer is available, and we ask for a donation of 20¢ per printed page. Computer use is limited to 1 hour when other patrons are waiting.
Internet User Guidelines
- There are many resources available on the Internet and library staff may not be familiar with all of them. THE PATRON IS RESPONSIBLE FOR LEARNING HOW TO USE A COMPUTER and THE INTERNET. Library staff cannot provide training and technical assistance.
- Users may have ONE time slot per day. Reserves are not taken. One time slot is 1 hour. During the quiet months of December through March, sessions may continue if no one is waiting, but must conclude within five minutes when a new customer arrives.
- Additional time will NOT be allotted due to conditions such as problems with the Internet connection or power outages if others are waiting a turn.
- A printer is available for printouts. Printouts are 20 cents a page for black & white, and color.
- Users may save files to a flash drive. Due to the possible spread of a virus, personal disks will NOT be allowed.
- The Hurley Public Library DOES NOT provide e-mail accounts. Users may use the Internet for the receipt and transmission of electronic mail as long as they use a web-based e-mail service.
- Users may use the Internet for research and the acquisition of information to address their educational, vocational, cultural, and recreational needs.
- Users agree not to incur any costs for the library through their use of the Internet service.
- Users shall not create and/or distribute computer viruses over the Internet.
- User may not make any changes or alterations to the library computer setup. User may not install his/her own software or other files on the library computer. NO information can be saved on the library computer hard drive.
- User will not use the computer for bulk E-mails (“spamming”), or to insult or offend other internet users (“flaming”).